Monday, April 14, 2014

Righteous Indignation or Supreme Temper Tantrum?





So Killbride got to sink her teeth into a juicy story this week and since she and I often find ourselves on the same beat, I asked Rick to give me something soft. A human interest piece to kind of settle my nerves and give me a chance to get away from the strange. Rick reluctantly obliged and asked me to go cover the preparations for the annual Whitehouse Easter Egg Hunt.

Now, there are three places that a coward (like me) does not want Rick Giernoth to send them. The first is Area 51. I mean really, the last time I was there I watched doctors harvest alien DNA that they planned to use to develop super humans. The second place I didn't want Rick to send me was an alleged haunting. Believe me when I tell you when it comes to hauntings that we investigate, they are not so alleged. Remind me to tell you about the time I accidentally ghost busted a live Rick instead of a dead ghost. But the number one place I never want to appear is Washington DC. Why? Let me tell you.

Since starting to work at Bloid News, I have met the President more often than I've had dinner with my mom. That's mainly because my mom is crazy and never stops telling me about all the great things my siblings and high school friends are doing while I am wasting my life reporting the news and writing books. But the fact that I have encountered the President on no less than 13 occasions is hardly impressive considering each time I have met him I have been digging into a story that borders on treason and more often than not involves me either blackmailing, conning or outright robbing the most powerful man on Earth.

So, yes. I was a little nervous about this assignment. But hey, I was just going to cover the preparations for a public event. What could go wrong? If you go to http://www.bloidnews.com/ tomorrow, you will find out exactly what went wrong. If you come back here on Wednesday, I'll tell you what I couldn't put in my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment